CAD Commander 2.0 for OS/2 Warp
Ctrl-Alt-Del Commander* (CAD Commander) 2.x takes control
of the boot services of an OS/2 Warp** system. It prevents accidental rebooting
of OS/2 from within any type of OS/2, DOS, or Windows*** session.
In addition, it also allows "rebooting" of the Workplace Shell** without
stopping any running applications. Finally, it gives complete command over all
application's status (including their priorities), and allows selective shutdown
of errant applications which cannot normally be shutdown via OS/2's Ctrl-ESC key
The retail version 2.0 introduces several new features including a handy and
fully configurable system status line on your WPS desktop (showing CPU usage,
Swapper space used, time, date, etc.), virtual desktops and new tasklist.
Version 2.5 introduces new features and enhancements from version 2.0.
Registered users of Ctrl-Alt-Del Commander 2.0 can download the update to 2.5 for free by clicking here.
Key features of CAD
- Based on best selling CAD Commander 1.x program.
- Protects your system and your data from accidental lock-ups of OS/2.
- Full-screen application activates at touch of Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Displays details on every running program in your system.
- Shows DLL's used, memory usage, etc. on programs and the operating system.
- Includes a useful Status Line that shows swapper space, date, time, driver free space, etc. Also includes a timer, alarm clock, memory usage information tool, and more.
- Completely configurable via the Control Panel utility.
- Supports multiple virtual desktops to organize your running applications.
- Hot-keys to start any application at the touch of a key.
- Units conversion utility (converts values from one type of units to another - i.e. meters to feet, etc.) with thousands of conversions available.
- Enhanced window list makes finding running applications easier. The Window List shows application icons, gives you the ability to adjust priorities, kill programs, etc.
- Enhanced OS/2 Shutdown - now see an easy to understand warning when shutting down your system. It warns you if applications are running, and provides an automatic reboot feature so you can reboot immediately after OS/2 properly shuts down.
- Command line utilities to manage OS/2 processes (programs) (and these can be used remotely via Telnet for remote control of a PC via the Internet).
- Plus, much, much more!
Please see the Ctrl-Alt-Del Commander 2.5 section for pricing and
the newest features.